Case Study: SmartStyle Hair Salon
Doubling Store Visits with Local Campaigns
SmartStyle is a house-hold name salon brand owned by Regis Corporation.
With convenient locations in Walmart stores across the United States, Canada, and Puerto Rico, their full-service hair salons that provide services at an affordable price, all in a welcoming and relaxing environment.
After launching Local Campaigns while in beta, we were tasked as a Google Premier Partner to increase investment, salon traffic, and ROI for SmartStyle salons.
- Business Intelligence
- Paid Media
- Hair Salon
Increase investment, salon traffic, and ROI.
Looking for efficient ways to increase salon traffic, we needed to gain alignment on performance measurement and refocus digital marketing tactics and channels.
- Gain Google store visit measurement buy-in from key stakeholders at Regis
- Transition all available bidding strategies to Target CPA and drive down our cost per store visit
- Increase store visit volume
- Test new salon driving opportunities
- Launch Local Campaigns (while still in beta) testing the channel with 12% of our monthly budget
- Developed Power BI dashboard, allowing for us to visualize and act on the untapped opportunity
Results & Insights
The investments made in local campaigns proved to be a huge success.
Local campaigns now account for 60% of the monthly budget as we maximize our most successful online tactic for driving salon traffic. Cost-per-store visit remains 50% below our target and 58% better than Search Campaigns while Local campaigns account for +50% of store visits every month.
In the past six months, Local Campaigns has been our most successful ROI driving tactic – causing us to completely re-look at our entire SEM strategy.Casey McGovern, AVP Marketing, Regis Corporation
Tell us about your next project.
Whether you have questions about how we can help your business or want to explore the possibility of working together, please contact us.